Technical Recruiter & Project Operations Manager
Chicago Area … With Global Reach
Specialties: Understanding of consulting and direct hire recruitment of engineering and management professionals in the life sciences, manufacturing and logistics industries. Management of multiple, concurrent projects, adjusting team skill sets as projects evolve. Well versed in tracking systems and professional social media.
Staffing professional with 15 years full cycle recruiting and project management experience. 7 years as Human Resource Generalist in the manufacturing industry. Sourcing/on-boarding teams of qualified consulting professionals for global medical device, pharmaceutical and biotech projects. Corporate and agency environment specializing in direct hire placement of professionals in FDA regulated organizations.
Regulatory Compliance Associates
Talent Manager – Global and Domestic Project Teams March, 2012 – July, 2015
Management of talent for potential, pending and active projects. Recruitment of qualified professionals. Liaison for current RCA talent pool (employees and consultants). Development of talent pool. On-boarding of new and established consultants for international projects and management of Visa and critical project documentation. Management, training and mentoring junior level technical recruiter.
Sirius Search Group
Technical Recruiter, Founder and Partner February 2010 – March, 2012
Founder and Partner of a Chicago-based network of Recruiting and Staffing Professionals specializing in direct hire placement and contract assignment of Engineering and Technical professionals. Clients include organizations that Design, Develop, Manufacture, Service, and Sell technology-based products such as Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals, Electronics, Precision Components and Information Technology.
Technical Recruiter – Direct Hire – Contract 9/6/11 – 11/17/11
Strategic direct hire initiative for Illinois Tool Works (ITW) focused on three Chicago companies. Full cycle recruiting for a broad range of professionals for positions in Manufacturing, Operations, Engineering, Quality, Field Service. Sales opportunities in California.
Project Manager – Logistics – Contract 5/31/10 – 9/3/11
Managed special project for Schneider National, a global logistics organization. Led a team of up to 4 members from 5/31/10 – 4/8/2011 responsible for prescreening direct hire applicants for a variety of positions throughout the USA and Canada. My responsibilities included interviewing candidates, training team members, coordinating and tracking schedules, acting as liaison between team, client and Kelly Account Manager. Project manager position eliminated in April, 2011 due to budget reduction. Continued with project as Candidate Assessment Specialist; conducting pre-screening interviews.
Recruiter – Contractor Resources – Logistics – Contract 10/1/09 – 11/25/09
Assigned to FedEx, Carol Stream, IL. Primary role was to support the company’s annual ramp up of commercial drivers for the holiday season. Responsible for screening, recruiting and initiating 100+ qualified candidates into hiring process.
Kelly Engineering – Round Lake, IL 8/2005 – 2/2009
Technical Recruiter – Engineering Direct Hire 10/2006 – 2/2009
Corporate on-site technical recruiter for Baxter Healthcare, a Fortune 500 international medical device/pharmaceutical organization.
- Full cycle recruiting responsibilities ranging from sourcing to offer presentation/close.
- Primary focus on full time permanent placement for engineering professionals and technical positions.
- Liaison between Baxter Corporate Staffing and Kelly Engineering direct hire efforts.
- Responsible for secondary agency/vendor management.
Successful placements included:
Operations: Aseptic Ops Manager, Manufacturing Supervisors, EHS Coordinator, Scheduler
Engineering: Master Black Belts, Electrical, Mechanical, Sustaining, Disposable, Packaging, Embedded Software, Systems, Project Managers and Leaders for various disciplines
Project Manager – Engineering Direct Hire (Contract Assignment) 8/2005 – 9/2006
Developed and coordinated nationwide direct hire project for Baxter Healthcare, a Fortune 500 international medical device/pharmaceutical organization. Recruiting team members located at various Kelly Engineering branch offices throughout the USA.
- Screened and presented candidates submitted for consideration.
- Tracked ongoing progress of individual openings and overall project performance.
- Kelly Engineering point of contact for all direct hire recruiting efforts for this client.
- Responsible for secondary agency/vendor management.
Executive Concepts, Inc. – Schaumburg, IL
Recruiter and Account Manager 4/2002 – 1/2005
Focused on Executive and Technical recruiting. Responsible for prospecting, account development, and maintenance of client relationships.
- Sourcing and recruiting for mid to upper management and technical.
- Established new corporate accounts.
- Successful placements included Global Procurement Manager, Six Sigma Black Belts, Manufacturing and other Operations Management positions.
M.W. McDonald & Associates – Chicago, IL
Project Manager 6/2000 – 3/2002
Focused on executive placement. Responsible for sourcing and recruiting candidates for mid-management to executive level positions in IT industry.
- Client companies included start ups and established organizations within the animation, engineering and financial services industries.
- Successfully concluded placements for Vice Presidents, Sales Executives, Channel Managers, Account Managers and Technical Sales Support positions.
Lock Joint Tube, Inc. – South Bend, IN
Human Resources Generalist 3/1993 – 8/1997
- Developed initial search mechanisms, screened resumes, selected potential candidates, interviewed and tested applicants.
- Served as management representative in union benefits administration and developed hourly personnel attendance/ disciplinary program.
- Administrator of employee life and health insurance benefits, FMLA, and workers compensation.
- Presented orientation programs to all new hires.
- Member of community employers’ advisory board regarding administration and treatment options for work-related injuries.
Van den Bergh Foods – Elgin, IL
Human Resources Coordinator 6/1990 – 9/1992
- Administered employee benefits programs, i.e. health and life insurance, workers compensation, vacation.
- Involved in initial recruiting processes of advertising and screening potential applicants.
- Developed and maintained hourly employee attendance/disciplinary program.
Indiana University South Bend, IN
Bachelor Degree – General Studies with Sociology Minor—
Attended full time 1997-1999 – 3.98 GPA
- Published in the 1999 Undergraduate Research Journal
- Winner of 1999 Women’s Studies Writing Competition
- Listed in 1999 and 2000 “Who’s Who Among College Students”
- 1999 Academic Scholarship Recipient for Academic Achievement
- Presented at 1999 National Sociological Conference
Johnson County Community College Overland Park, KS
Associate Degree – Hospitality Management — 3.7 GPA
— Included restaurant management internship
PROFICIENT IN THE FOLLOWING TECHNICAL SKILLS:
Applicant Tracking Systems – Taleo, Kelly Recruiter, Brass Ring, iRecruit